Welcome to the Nimiq Developer Center!
Dive into the Nimiq Ecosystem documentation with links to resources, tutorials, and assets.
Build your own Nimiq-enabled app. Step by step with code snippets and a full running example at the end of each tutorial.
Nimiq Nano Client
Nimiq Nano Client: Learn how to build a small app that can manage a wallet, send and receive transactions, and looks neat using Nimiq’s look & feel in three short tutorials.
- 1: Basics. Set up a node in a website, connect to the Nimiq network and reach consensus.
- 2: Blockchain Events and User Interface. Use Nimiq Style to add UI to the basic client.
- 3: Transactions. Send and receive transactions directly from within the browser.
Nimiq Payment Plugin
- Installation. Setup an online shop with WordPress + WooCommerce and configure the Nimiq Payment Plugin to receive payments in NIM.
More to come. Want to contribute? Please get in touch.
Run a node
The minimum example: On Linux and Mac, all you need is an IP and an open or forwarded port to run a full node.
git clone https://github.com/nimiq-network/core.git nimiq && cd nimiq yarn && yarn build clients/nodejs/nimiq --host=IP --port=PORT --protocol=ws
Note: For further details and instructions for Windows users, refer to the Nimiq Core Documentation.
Run a miner: just add configuration for threads and address
For more details, see:
- Node.js client. Details and all parameters for full, light, and nano clients.
- JSON-RPC client. Run a node that exposes APIs to connect to via the JSON-RPC client.
- Use Docker. How to setup Nimiq to run in a Docker image.
Coming soon. Team Nimiq is preparing to release a plugin to integrate Nimiq with WooCommerce in Q1 2019. Together with this we plan to publish detailed instructions on how to use it here.
Nuts and bolts of Nimiq. Detailed documentation of front-end, core and community-provided APIs and frameworks.
- Front-end Documentation. Start using Nimiq in your webapp and website. Detailed documentation on Account Manager, checkout flow, Nimiq Style, and more.
- Protocol Reference. An in-depth look at the bits and bytes of the Nimiq Protocol. Reference for messages with their fields and types on the network level.
- Nimiq Core Documentation. Full Nimiq Core ES6 source code documentation.
- Nimiq Whitepaper. Better understand the technical aspects and goals of the Nimiq Blockchain.
- Community Tools and APIs. Useful tools and APIs developed by the Nimiq Community.
Bits and bytes. Browse through Nimiq's source code. New to Nimiq's look & feel? Checkout Nimiq's Style Guide and download brand assets such as logos and signets.
The Nimiq CSS framework to give your webapp or website the Nimiq look & feel.
- Examples. Buttons, labels, boxes, and colors of the Nimiq Style.
- GitHub Repository. The source code and basic instructions.
- Nimiq Style Guide. A general introduction to the concepts, colors, and typography.
- Logos and Signets. All resources, in color and monochrome, for print and digital use.
The Nimiq Source Code is hosted on GitHub in two separate projects.